Find Your Answer

Find Your Answer

How do I file criminal charges?

Our Attorney’s are available Wednesday 8:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and Tuesday & Thursday 12:00-4:00 p.m.
 on a first come first serve basis. The offense must have occurred in Kenton and the person you are filing against but be at least 18 years of age. If you have a police report, please bring a copy with you and names and contact information of any witnesses.

What are your office hours?

Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm

Where are you located?

We are located in the Kenton County Government Center 1840 Simon Kenton Way (4th floor) Covington KY 41011

How do I file for Emergency Guardianship?

Emergency Guardianship can be filed at our office in cases of life or death. Regular Guardianships need to be filed at probate 859-292-6740.

How do I file a Casey’s Law Petition?

You can come to our office anytime between the hours of 8:00am-3:30pm to discuss filing a Casey’s Law Petition with one of our attorney’s. You can also call our office if you have questions at 859-491-0600.

How do I file for an Emergency Protective Order?

The Circuit Clerk’s Office located in the Kenton County Justice Center at 230 Madison Avenue, Covington KY 41011, handles all Emergency Protective Orders (EPOs) and Domestic Violence Orders (DVO). You can visit their office between the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm or call 859-292-6523.

How do I find out the status of my case?

You can contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office at 859-292-6523

I am the defendant in a case, can I speak with the prosecutor?

Prosecutors are ethically prohibited from speaking with defendants and we cannot provide legal advice. You need to speak with the prosecutor in court or hire a private attorney to handle your case. You may also ask the judge if you qualify for a Public Defender to be appointed to you.

How do I make payment for a bad check?

You need to pay a bad check in full, in addition to any fees that are applied, at our office during normal business hours.

How do I report neglect or abuse of a child?

Immediately call the Cabinet for Families and Children at 859-292-6340

How do I find out information regarding child support?

Our Child Support Office is located in the Kenton County Government Center (4th floor) Suite 4100 Covington, KY 41011 

PHONE: 859-491-4114


How do I sign up for the CATS Traffic School Program?

You can visit or call 1-866-494-8556 to sign up for the program. Once approved, you will be sent instructions on how to complete the program. You may also call our office with any questions.

How do I find out information about custody of my child?

Our office does not handle custody agreements and you will need to hire a private attorney for this matter. You can call the lawyer referral service at 859-781-1525

I am the victim, can I drop the charges?

Once a complaint is filed by the Commonwealth it may not be dropped.