have questions?  
If you have a question for the Kenton County Attorney and you do not see it addressed on this page, please contact us with your question by clicking below:


Home Page

  frequently asked questions:  

Q: What are your office hours?

A: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Q: I need to file criminal charges, when can I do so?

A: Tuesday through Friday, 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.. In order to file criminal charges here the offense must have occurred in Kenton County and the offender must be over the age of 18 years old. Be sure to bring a copy of the police report and the name and address of the person you wish to file charges against.

Q: Where are you located?

A: We are located at 303 Court St. , Room 307. Our office is on the third floor of the 'old' Kenton County building.

Q: Can you tell me the status of case or when the next court date is?

A: Call the Kenton County District Clerk's Office for this information at 859-292-6523.

Q: Is this the public defender's office?

A: No. The phone number to the public defender's office is 859-292-6596

Q: How do I get a restraining order on somebody?

A: There are no restraining orders in Kentucky . There are however, Emergency Protective Orders and Domestic Violence Orders, which are filed in the Domestic Violence Office at the Kenton County Justice Center , 230 Madison Ave , Covington , Ky. That office closes at 4:00 p.m.

Criminal violations of an Emergency Protective Order or Domestic Violence Order that was issued in Kenton County are handled by this office during normal business hours. If you are unsure if the violation is civil or criminal, please call our office at 859-491-0600.

Q: Who do I contact if I suspect a child is being neglected or abused?

A: Call the Cabinet for Families and Children at 859-292-6340.

Q: How is an Emergency Guardianship different than a regular Guardianship?

A: An Emergency Guardianship is an escalated version of a Guardianship and is only indicated in cases of a life or death situation.  Emergency Guardianship can be started in the County Attorneys office.  All other guardianships are handled through probate at 859-292-6740.